This article specifies the hardware requirements for hosting a gaming session on your PC. If you're looking to connect to another gaming PC, check the hardware requirements for your device here. For a more detailed article on supported GPUs, check this out.
- OS: Windows 8.1 / Server 2012 R2
- CPU: Core 2 Duo or better
- GPU: Intel HD 4200 / NVIDIA GTX 650 / AMD Radeon HD 7750 or better
- Memory: 4GB DDR3
- OS: Windows 10 / Server 2016
- CPU: Intel Core i5 or better
- GPU: Intel HD 520 / NVIDIA GTX 950 / AMD Radeon RX 470 or better
- Memory: 8GB DDR3
Please note, despite what is said here, some laptops running hybrid graphics still have an issue hosting a Parsec server. You'll get this error when Parsec fails to initialize the encoder on your GPU. We are working to resolve this.
Windows 7 is not supported, and it will never be supported due to the Microsoft deprecation plans and the lack of support for important APIs Parsec depends on.
Please note, despite what is said here, some laptops running hybrid graphics still have an issue hosting a Parsec server. You'll get this error as the dedicated GPU is not physically wired to the display. You will need to use the Integrated graphics for Parsec.