For now, Parsec captures sound on the default playback/audio device on your host PC. If you're not using the default audio device as the sound output for your games, Parsec will not capture the sound. This can happen when you're using headphones but also have speakers or an HDMI audio output.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Audio changes will only apply when your client reconnects to the host machine.
To switch your default audio device, follow these steps.
- Go to Start and click on Control Panel.
- Click on Hardware and Sound
- Choose Manage audio devices
- Right click the device you'd like to make the default audio device
- Choose Set as Default Device
- Disconnect and reconnect to your host, or ask your friends to.
Lower your sample rate and bit depth.
Once you have set the correct device to default you may also need to change your advanced settings to lower the "resolution" of your audio. You (or your friends) will need to disconnect and reconnect to the host after changing this setting.
We recommend 2 Channel, 16bit 48,000Hz (DVD Quality)