Parsec is a great tool for streamers. You can use Parsec to play games with other streamers and grow your audiences, invite your subscribers to game with you in a Party, play games that your PC can’t handle, or bypass an Elgato capture card and stream directly from a second PC with Parsec. Beyond these use-cases, streamers and content creators are getting creative and are using Parsec in unique ways to engage with their audiences.
This guide will show you how to stream your Parsec gameplay to Twitch or Youtube with OBS on Windows.
1. Open OBS
2. Quit ALL Parsec process' from Task Manager. Make sure you scroll down the entire list of Process' to make sure there are no Parsec process' remaining. This is important as OBS will not be able to capture Parsec until you do this step.
3. Re-open Parsec and connect to your friend or your host machine
4. ALT-TAB back to your own desktop (if your ALT-TAB is being passed to the host machine you can press CTRL+ALT+i to disable immersive mode).
5. Add a new Game Capture Source to OBS
6. Select Create New and press OK
7. Select the following properties and press OK. Please note: select Parsecd.exe, not Parsec.exe. Parsecd.exe is the actual game window generated by Parsec.
You will now be able to capture and stream your Parsec gameplay!