If you get an error launching a game that references D3DX on a Paperspace machine, your machine requires a DirectX update to launch the game. This guide walks through that update process.
We will also be updating our templates for future use. This is an error in a recently launched game, The Swords of Ditto.
- Download DirectX from here.
- Create a temporary folder and name it whatever you want on your Desktop, so you can find it easily.
- Once the download is complete, Run directx_Jun2010_redist.exe
- When it asks you to save the files to a location, save those files in the temporary folder.
- Find DXSETUP.exe in that temporary folder.
- Run that application and finish the installation.
- The game will now launch.